You’re not your average mom.
You don’t take what you read on Mommy-blogs for face value. You second guess everything, almost to the point where you spend so much time thinking that you can’t take action because you’re too afraid to mess things up.
Despite your best intentions and countless hours researching your stubborn, highly independent eater is now a picky eater.
Since you’re here right now, something tells me that you’re fed up, and tired of trying every trick in the book with no results. You want some real progress… like yesterday!
- Have no clue who to trust any more.
- Have lost complete faith in the idea that your child will ever eat anything again other than chicken fingers or crackers.
- Need to back-track to undo all the damage you’ve done over the years, but you have no idea where to start.
It doesn’t matter where you are in your journey with your picky eater, what does matters is the KIND of eater you want to raise.
- SCARED to start solids with your second child because you didn’t do such a bang-up job with your first.
- LOST with all the “shoulds” of feeding your little one.
- FED UP with how meals are now filled with screaming, tantrums, hurt feelings, and resentment.
Trust me girl, you’re not alone in this.
When it comes to food and meal times, I have a few core beliefs:
- All food can fit in a healthy diet. No food is off limits.
- Food is neither inherently good or bad. In fact it holds no morality at all. Food is just food. And you are not good or bad for eating certain foods.
- Picky eaters are CREATED when we overstep our roles as parents and caregivers.
- Resetting the balance at meal times only happens when abide by the 10 principles of intuitive eating.
Sounds like a lot I know, but you’ve got this and you don’t have to do it alone.
My name is Lacey Engel, a mother first and foremost, and a Registered Dietitian. Fueled by coffee, a love of chocolate and cream cheese icing, I’m passionate about helping families raise healthy eaters in our diet obsessed culture.
How did BBN come to be?
In 2015, I was catapulted into motherhood with the birth of my twin boys. It wasn’t until I was elbow deep in diapers and in the throws of tandem breastfeeding my boys, preparing for the next step of offering solids that I became blatantly aware of all the crap advice first time moms get about feeding their kids.
Border-line harmful advice being spewed by every Know-it-all-Nancy or Organic-No-Sugar-Sara’s, moms are completely bombarded with random opinions, crazy high expectations, and “truths” about feeding their kids (most of which are complete Bulls$^*!)
Learning HOW to feed kids the right way became my obsession.
Whether you want to use Traditional Weaning, Baby-Led Weaning, or Combo-feeding the method you use to feed your little one is much less important than HOW you feed them.
How you feed your little one determines:
- Whether they stay in touch with their innate hunger and fullness cues.
- Beliefs and attitudes about food (ex. Carbs are evil, Fat makes me fat!)
- Their likelihood of dieting in the future or developing an Eating Disorder.
Pretty heavy stuff hey?!
You don’t have to figure it all out on your own.
After reading hundreds of research papers, books and resources from the top experts in the fields of nutrition, psychology, and parenting, I came up with a creative and proven solution to help families at meal times.
It’s time for you to change meal times for good!